Recently I went to Bologna and found out that I had been making Bolognese completely wrong! This recipe is the real deal and it tastes a million times better than the fake Spaghetti Bolognese that the UK creates!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 celery stick, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 250g minced pork
- 250g minced beef
- 100ml red wine
- Splash of milk
- 1 tablespoons tomato purée
- 150ml passata
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 300g fresh tagliatelle
- Parmesan shavings, to serve (optional)
– Heat the olive oil on a medium to high heat in a big pot.
– Sweat the onion, carrot and celery for 5 minutes, or until the onion becomes soft and -starts to brown.
– Add the meat and brown.
– Add the red wine to deglaze the pot for a couple of minutes.
– Add the milk and cook for a couple of minutes.
– Add the tomato puree, stock and passata.
– Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 and half hours.
– Cook the Tagliatelle according to the packet instructions.
– Serve with a few parmesan shavings on top.