These cookies are so moreish and easy to make!
Makes: 15-20 Cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes + overnight
Cooking Time: 12-15 minutes per batch
- 30ml milk
- big pinch saffron
- 220g butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 100g light brown soft sugar
- 300g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 200g white chocolate
- 100g pistachios, roughly chopped
– Warm the milk in a saucepan with the saffron and once the milk is steaming, take off the heat and whisk in the melted butter.
– Chill the butter mixture in the fridge, until completely cooled.
– Whisk the egg with the caster sugar until light and fluffy in a separate bowl.
– Add the cooled butter mixture and light brown sugar and whisk to combine.
– Add the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt and mix until combined (do not over mix the mixture).
– Fold in the chocolate and pistachios.
– Pour the mixture onto a piece of baking parchment and roll it up into a thick log and twist the ends.
– Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge overnight.
– Heat the oven to 190 Deg Fan.
– Unwrap the cookie log and slice into 1cm cookies, using a sharp knife.
– Place the cookies on a baking tray with baking parchment, leaving space between cookies to allow for expansion, and bake for 12-15 minutes per batch of cookies.
– Allow to cool.